Friday, December 14, 2012

Reflection on Today's Tragedy

As I try to absorb the incomprehensible tragedy of the Connecticut school shooting, my heart is indeed heavy for the children and families who experienced this tragedy.

I want each of you to know, especially those of you who have your own classroom, how proud I am of you for wanting to be a part of a noble and honorable teaching profession. It is important to remain focused on learning and employing the skills to make you the most effective teacher you can be.

I would encourage each of you to spend some additional time listening to your students and your children. They may have concerns that you may need to address. If you need help in addressing children and student concerns, please do not hesitate to contact a professional counselor or our office. We all need to be a part of the healing process.

Diann Huber, Ed.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment